Monday, October 16, 2006

Tour the new casa

WHO: Essa (aka Vanessa)
WHAT: Peace Corps, Environmental Education
WHERE: Nicaragua
WHEN: Sept '05 - Nov '07
WHY: La vida es un carnaval

Okay, got my pics of my new digs up finally. This is Jose Luis cleaning out the water tank:

Auxiliadora helping me paint one of the two rooms.

This is it- freshly painted. My house is as wide as the door where you can see Gueguense's head peeking out to the first window. Auxiliadora and Jose Luis live in the other yellow house to the left.

The living room/kitchen. It's really nice because I live on a dirt road that basically turns into a footpath not far from my house, so there is virtually no traffic. You'd think that would make it quiet, but there are several neighbors who engage stereo wars, so at times it does get pretty noisy.

My kitchen corner.


Princess Vanessa's bed


You might notice a lack of closet space. Yeah, there is none so everything is pretty much out in the open. Makes it feel kinda cluttered. I did take out the 28 pounds of Peace Corps handbooks that I wasn't using back to the office in Mangua and that has helped a bit.

More soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home